Most of my research interest lies within the interaction of category theory and algebra, i.e., within categorical algebra. Generally speaking, I am interested in understanding various topics in algebra from the categorical point of view, as well as various topics in category theory from the algebraic point of view.
- M. Hoefnagel, D. Rodelo and Z. Janelidze. On difunctionality of class relations. Algebra Universalis 81 (19), 2020.
- M. Hoefnagel. M-coextensive objects and the strict refinement property. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra 224 (10), 2020.
- M. Hoefnagel. Characterizations of majority categories. Applied Categorical Structures 28, 113–134, 2020.
- M. Hoefnagel. Products and coequalizers in pointed categories. Theory and Applications of Categories 34, 1386–1400, 2019.
- M. Hoefnagel. Majority categories. Theory and Applications of Categories 34, 249–268, 2019.
Submitted for publication¶
- M. Hoefnagel, P.-A. Jacqmin, Z. Janelidze. The matrix taxonomy of left exact categories. Preprint available.
- M. Hoefnagel. Anticommutativity and the traingular lemma. arXiv:2008.00486 (2020).
- Coextensivity and the strict refinement property, Annual congress of the South African Mathematics Society, 2019.
- From the commutativity of products and coequalizers to Gumm's shifting lemma, Categorical structures in Algebra, Topology and Logic, Stellenbosch University, 2019.
- M-coextensivity and the strict refinement property, Talk given at CT2019 the international conference in category theory, Edinburgh, 2019.
- A Krull-Schmidt type theorem for direct decompositions in majority categories, Annual congress of the South African Mathematics Society, Potchefstroom 2017.
- Majority categories, 5th Workshop in Categorical Methods in non-Abelian algebra, Lovain la Neuve, Belgium 2017.