Most of my research interest lies within the interaction of category theory and algebra, i.e., within categorical algebra. Generally speaking, I am interested in understanding various topics in algebra from the categorical point of view, as well as various topics in category theory from the algebraic point of view.
Click on any of the papers below to be directed to corresponding paper.
- M. Hoefnagel. Anticommutativity and the triangular lemma. Algebra Universalis 82 (19), 2021
- M. Hoefnagel, D. Rodelo and Z. Janelidze. On difunctionality of class relations. Algebra Universalis 81 (19), 2020.
- M. Hoefnagel. M-coextensive objects and the strict refinement property. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra 224 (10), 2020.
- M. Hoefnagel. Characterizations of majority categories. Applied Categorical Structures 28, 113–134, 2020.
- M. Hoefnagel. Products and coequalizers in pointed categories. Theory and Applications of Categories 34, 1386–1400, 2019.
- M. Hoefnagel. Majority categories. Theory and Applications of Categories 34, 249–268, 2019.
Submitted for publication¶
- M. Hoefnagel, P.-A. Jacqmin, Z. Janelidze. The matrix taxonomy of left exact categories (2021).
- M. Hoefnagel, P.-A. Jacqmin. Matrix taxonomy and Bourn localization (2021).
- M. Hoefnagel, P.-A. Jacqmin, When a matrix condition implies the Mal'tsev property (2021).
- Deciding implications of matrix properties, Centre for mathematics, University of Coimbra, 2021.
- A classification of left exact (finitely complete) categories (motivated from universal algebra), Panglobal Algebra and Logic Seminar, 2020.
- Coextensivity and the strict refinement property, Annual congress of the South African Mathematics Society, 2019.
- From the commutativity of products and coequalizers to Gumm's shifting lemma, Categorical structures in Algebra, Topology and Logic, Stellenbosch University, 2019.
- M-coextensivity and the strict refinement property, Talk given at CT2019 the international conference in category theory, Edinburgh, 2019.
- A Krull-Schmidt type theorem for direct decompositions in majority categories, Annual congress of the South African Mathematics Society, Potchefstroom 2017.
- Majority categories, 5th Workshop in Categorical Methods in non-Abelian algebra, Lovain la Neuve, Belgium 2017.