AIMS-Stellenbosch Number Theory Conference 2017
This international conference will be held at the Department of Mathematical Sciences
of the University of Stellenbosch, as well as at
the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences,
South Africa, 16 - 20 January 2017.
Previous conferences of this kind:
For more information on Stellenbosch, click here.
Model Theory Conference
This conference is timed to occur a week after the 9-13 January 2016
Model Theory Conference, also held at Stellenbosch.
Monday 28 November 2016. Deadline for applications.
If possible, please also provide your flight details by this date, so that we can book your accommodation in time.
Registration is now closed.
Monday 9 January 2017. Deadline for providing titles and lengths (25 or 50 minutes) of talks.
Monday 16 January 2017. Conference starts.
Group Photo (2:3 aspect ratio)
Group Photo (4:5 aspect ratio)
we're in building number 67 on that map, the "Mathematical Sciences and Industrial Psychology Building".
See also Google Maps.
Coffee and tea will be available in the mornings and afternoons, but lunch and dinner are not provided. The nearby
Neelsie student centre is a reasonable place to find lunch, and there are many restaurants in town.
Wifi: EduRoam is available. Unfortunately, we have no publically available computers in the department, but if you
urgently need a computer, just ask Florian.
- Keisuke Arai, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
- Alex Bamunoba, Makerere University, Uganda
- Fabrizio Barroero, Manchester University, UK
- Dirk Basson, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Gareth Boxall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Jasbir Chahal, Brigham Young University, USA
- Sinnou David, Université Paris 6, France
- Luca Demangos, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Ahmad El-Guindy, Texas A&M University in Qatar, Qatar
- Gabino Gonzáles Díez, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
- Waleed Hassaan, Stellenbosch Univesity, South Africa
- Marc Hindry, Université Paris 7, France
- Ken Hughes, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Moshe Jarden, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Arnold Keet, Stellenbosch Univesity, South Africa
- Charlotte Kestner, Central Lancashire University, UK
- Myriam Mahaman, AIMS-SA, South Africa
- Sophie Marques, Courant institute, NYU, USA
- Augustine Munagi, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Dylan Nelson, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Darlison Nyirenda, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Rafiq Omar, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
- Ambrus Pal, Imperial College London, UK
- Mihran Papikian, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Fabien Pazuki, Bordeaux University, France and Copenhagen University, Denmark
- Federico Pellarin, St.Etienne, France
- Richard Pink, ETH-Zurich, Switzerland
- Andry Rabenantoandro, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Cynthia Ramiharimanana, AIMS-SA, South Africa
- Gerard Razafimanantsoa, Antananarivo University, Madagascar
- Heriniaina Razafinjatovo, Antananarivo University, Madagascar
- Aharon Razon, Elta, Israel
- Christine Swart, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Douglas Ulmer, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
There will be two types of talks: long talks of 50mins each, and short talks of 25mins each. Neither is more
prestigious than the other, these two categories serve only to allow greater flexibility in the programme. Please indicate if
you wish to give a talk and whether it will be long or short. Any talks on Number Theory, related areas
or applications thereof will be considered.
Accommodation and Airport transfers
Accommodation will be arranged for all international participants. You will also be picked up at the airport,
just look out for a sign with your name on it when you arrive at Cape Town International. With this in mind, please make sure that we have your correct arrival and
departure dates and flight numbers.
We do have some limited funds to pay the local costs of some people, preferably students or people with no
research funds of their own. If you require funding, please mention this in your application. Unfortunately, we
will not be able to cover flight tickets.
Registration is free. Please email Florian Breuer if you wish to attend, and indicate whether or not you require funding for your local costs.
In due time, please also indicate if you wish to present a talk;
the length (25 or 50 minutes), title and abstract of the talk; your arrival and departure dates; and any other special requirements or relevant information.
Florian Breuer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Barry Green, email@example.com
Patrick Rabarison, firstname.lastname@example.org